Where it all started
Established in Halifax, West Yorkshire, during World War II, Boxford began by producing small lathes for toolmakers, model makers, schools and colleges in 1946 – making us the oldest established manufacturer of machine tools for training in the UK.
Demand for the firm’s early lathes came mainly from education establishments as the teaching of metalwork grew in popularity. But Boxford built on its initial success by developing better lathes and expanding their range into milling machines, drills, shapers, and grinders.
For the past 35 years Boxford has also been supplying the latest computer
numerical control (CNC) machines to industry, education and training colleges all over the world.
Our recent success allowed us to create a purpose built facility in 2012 – housing the development and production of full precision machined parts, sheet metal fabrication, assembly, electronics and software development under one roof.
To date, more than 60,000 Boxford machines have been supplied to colleges, schools and business in 200 countries across the globe.