Have you ever thought about using a laser cutter in your business and wondered whereabouts you are able to buy one? Keep reading to find out where you can buy a laser cutter in the UK
What is a laser cutter?
First of all, if you don’t already know, a laser cutter is a prototyping and manufacturing tool used primarily by engineers, designers and artists to cut and etch a variety of different materials.
They use a focused laser beam to pierce and cut through materials to cut out patterns and geometries.
Where can I buy one in the UK?
You can buy a laser cutter from many specified sellers in the UK. At Boxford, we supply several different laser cutters, available to customers in the UK and overseas. You can view our range of products here or contact us to enquire about any of our products.
Our laser products include:
- CO2 Laser (non-metal cutting & engraving)
- Fibre Laser (metal cutting)
- Fibre Marking Laser (metal & some non-metal marking)
- Gravograph CO2 Laser (non-metal cutting & engraving) – for UK based education and training customers only
So, now you know which products we sell – but you still might not be sure which laser cutter is right for you, so allow us to explain what they can all do!
A CO2 Laser is predominantly used for non-metal cutting & engraving. They are widely used in the design field, to create highly precise designs in materials such as acrylic, wood, paper and plastics. They can be used in various industries including pharmaceutical, the manufacturing of electronic components, fabric cutting, sign making and personalisation.
Features included as standard across our BGL CO2 lasers:
- Honeycomb and knife material bed
- Integrated water-cooling system for CO2 laser source
- Air assist including integrated compressor
- Lightburn laser software, compatible with Windows, Mac & Linux OS
- Integrated 4K Lightburn ready camera
- Pre-configured & fully editable parameter library
- Automatic filtered extraction start/stop
Take a look at our CO2 laser in action, using Lightburn and a Lightburn camera.
Our Fibre Lasers are the machine to buy for cutting through a range of metals, including mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium. Due to being able to perform cutting and surface etching operations, Fibre lasers are very versatile and can be used in many different industries. Most specifically they are used in the aerospace industry, automotive including e-mobility, dental, electronics, jewellery, medical, scientific and solar power industries.
- Auto-focus laser head (1.5KW models and upwards)
- Automatic capacitive height control system for optimal cutting
- Integrated chiller-based laser cooling system
- Auto edge seek function for sheet location
- Windows compatible 2D drawing & nesting software supporting: DXF, DWG, AI and more…
- UK after sales support
- Wireless operator keypad
- Pre-configured & fully editable cutting parameter library
You can explore our Fibre Laser cutter via out YouTube videos.
Fibre Marking Lasers
Our Fibre Marking Lasers are among the best fibre lasers in the UK, ideal for galvomarking a range of metals including stainless steel, aluminium, brass and copper. Most commonly they are used in industrial environments to perform marking, cleaning and texturing operations, but they can also be used for personalisation of products, including trophies, awards, giftware and even jewellery engraving.
- Ability to mark a range of metals and some non-metals
- Galvo laser head for rapid marking and engraving
- Windows software which accepts multiple formats including: DXF, AI, JPEG, BMP and more
- Ability to permanently mark logos, bar codes, QR codes and serial numbers
- Motorised Z axis with digital focus height readout
- 12 months warranty
- Fully enclosed machine casing for safety and fume management
- Dual red dot focusing system for quicker positioning
We have videos of how all of our lasers perform, and you can see our Fibre Marking Laser in action here.
Gravograph CO2 Laser
We are the sole distributor of Gravograph products to the education sector in the UK. This laser is for cutting non-metals and engraving and is a popular laser cutter to buy in the UK for schools/colleges. The Gavograph laser can engrave glass, create plastic labels, shape acrylic, wood, cut, mark, and define folding lines on paper, making it a great tool for schools and colleges in lessons such as Design and Technology.
The machine includes:
- 3 years parts and labour warranty (excluding consumable items)
- Integrated air-cooling system for RF laser tube source
- Windows software and drivers, including LaserStyle CAD software
Here you can see how the Gavograph CO2 Laser performs its laser cutting technique.