New to fiber engraving? Maybe you’ve just bought a new fiber laser engraver in the UK and you’re looking for beginner’s tips, or maybe you’re a veteran searching for further skills to develop.
Either way, we can help you out with that!
Here are our top tips for using a fiber laser engraver…
- Simple is best! When it comes to engraving, less is often more. A straightforward, understated design will have a cleaner result than with an overcrowded one.
- Consider your audience. What are you engraving, and who is your audience? What message do you want to communicate to this audience?
- We recommend using contrast. A high-contrast design is easier to read and more eye-catching than a low-contrast one. This is especially important if your engraving will be viewed from a distance.
- Be legible. Make sure your text is easy to read by using a clear font. Avoid using all caps unless absolutely necessary!
- Think carefully about your material. The material you choose for your engraving will have a big impact on the overall look and feel of the finished piece. Consider the properties of each material before making your final decision.
Before you start
- When first buying your fiber laser engraver in the UK, do your research! There are a range of different fiber laser engraver machines available, and it’s important to choose one that’s right for your specific needs. Consider things like the size of the machine, its power output, and any other features that might be relevant to your business.
- If you’re completely new to laser machines, it’s a good idea to seek out training or guidance. You don’t want to be going in blind with such a powerful piece of tech!
- Choose carefully when selecting materials to be engraved, as some may require specific settings or techniques depending on their composition or thickness.
- As with most physical workplaces, it’s great to keep your workshop well-lit so that you can clearly see what you’re doing at all times. It will also help with visibility when using a magnifying glass or other tools to help with detailed work.
When you get going
- When engraving on metals, use a high-power setting and keep the laser moving constantly to avoid burning marks into the material! That way your finish will be smoother, cleaner, and more professional.
- Always clean your machine after use to remove any dust or debris that may have accumulated in the working area. This not only keeps the machine hygienic, but it ensures there’s less chance of interference during your next project.
- Maintenance is crucial. Like any piece of machinery, a fiber laser engraver requires regular maintenance to keep it clean and functioning to its best capacity.
By following our simple tips, you’ll soon be creating a stunning laser engraving sure to impress!